cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down after storm

Cally170cats

Broadband down after storm

Hi,

our broadband has been down since Friday morning after a lightning strike. The phone is working but no broadband. Orange light on router is solid and there is a red B light flashing. I raise a fault report on Friday but when I went to check progress it said I had closed the report, if I have then it was a mistake must have clicked the wrong link? 
I have tried opening new report but unable to do so? Please advise,

thank you 

Caroline

1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband down after storm

Hi @Cally170cats, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. I can see when testing over your connection that no faults are being detected but we are currently seeing the router out of sync. I'd advise then if you haven't already to give factory resetting of the router a go to see if the connection returns.

This can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.
If the connection issue persists from here then I believe the next best course of action would be looking at new router options. Let us know how it goes.