cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection keeps cutting out

burnel15

Broadband connection keeps cutting out

I have noticed this problem for the last 4 days, at first it was intermittent, but today the connection has been lost approx 7 or 8 times. This now seems to be happening every 10 minutes, the hub will turn red and flash, connection will be lost then it will turn blue and come back on again.

It is all rather irritating, I have been a plusnet customer for several years and haven't had such problems before. I think there may be a fault on the telephone line? Any ideas? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband connection keeps cutting out

Hi Burnel15,

I've had a check of your account and connection and can see a fault has been raised. The fault very much like the tests I've ran are pointing the issue to be coming for the line itself. In which case, I'd recommend contacting your phone provider and reporting this issue as they will be able to investigate further and send an engineer out if required.

Kind regards,

Ben

burnel15

Thanks, I had been in contact with my phone line provider after visting here, there does appear to be an issue with the line. I was just covering all bases. Hopefully, all will be back to normal in the next couple of days.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Burnel15,

everything we are seeing this side as causing the issue is coming from the line itself so once your phone providers fix the issue there the broadband connection should return to normal for you.

Kind regards,

Ben