Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection issues

krystof1988

Broadband connection issues

Hello forum users,

My story is rather a long winded one!

We switched our broadband from Utility Warehouse (UWH) on November 25th, first moving from them to Vodafone. From the date that we switched there was no broadband connection (as denoted by the light on the hub). After countless hours on the phone to their customer service and two visits from Openreach engineers, we decided to leave and use Plusnet, thinking the problem was with Vodafone.

Unfortunately the same problem persists, although last week another Openreach engineer visited us and this time after fiddling around at the cabinet (doing a "lift and shift"), was able to get a blue light on our router rather than the solid orange light we had experienced all the time up to this point, but there was still no internet when trying to connect through ethernet or WiFi. He went to the "main guys" at BT to run tests from their "Masterhead" or something or other so that he could rule out any problems with the line whatsoever. Apparently these tests came back clear. 

The main solution offered by Plusnet has been to change the router settings by typing in the <username>@plusdsl.net and my password, but this has not worked despite there being a connection. Strangely, this seems to work with many different variants of username and password?We also have a crackling noise down the line, but the engineer tried his standard issue telephone and he said that it must be our phone as his was as clear as a whistle.

Is it relevant that we have switched from a standard broadband package with UWH to a fibre one? If the problem is with the line, it seems strange that it would work before the switch over and not straightaway after. 

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband connection issues

Hi @krystof1988

Thanks for highlighting this - I can see that a fault has been raised for you and that my colleagues have updated your open fault ticket here with a request for further information.

Best wishes

Dave