Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connected but no internet

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Broadband connected but no internet

Hi @Pnda183,

I sincerely apologise that the engineer has not attended.

Our suppliers have advised the appointment failed to be booked due to a system issue. I'm afraid a further visit is required and I have booked it for 07/11/2018 between 8am - 1pm and confirmed it has been accepted in our suppliers system.

Let us know how it goes and you can monitor the fault via this ticket.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Pnda183
Dabbler

Thanks Lewis, appreciate the help from all of you but this is really disappointing, frustrating and unbelievable to hear. After Owen had confirmed that the appointment for Monday had been booked, I took a day off of work to be at home to fix this. Now I find that my day off, which I'm having to ration as it is for my mum's hospital appointments, was entirely pointless and wasted, because it looks like I was misinformed and the appointment was never actually booked despite having been told that it was...?

Having to use my phone as a hot-spot is expensive but is the only thing that allows me to work from home on days where I need to be home. I've eaten through my monthly allowance and will shortly need to buy more data if this isn't fixed when the engineer visits on Wednesday.

I know that it is not possible to predict what the issue is or how long it will take to remedy, but I have to reemphasise that this issue needs to be sorted by the end of this week as I will be working outside of the UK next week.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I've passed feedback on regarding this as we shouldn't have confirmed the appointment with you until it was confirmed in the BT systems as it looks like it didn't reach the Openreach systems due to the data mismatch system issue.

I've checked the appointment for tomorrow and I can see this is confirmed in the Openreach systems:

05/11/2018 21:07:33 Update, SFI(Special Faults Investigation) Appt Confirmed

Appointment details

Appointment date: 07/11/2018 Appointment slot: AM

Could you let us know how it goes tomorrow morning?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pnda183
Dabbler

Hi all

The BT engineer has been and gone, and I am happy to report that our internet connection has been restored and we are now connected.

Thanks everyone for your help. A bit frustrating, but all sorted now!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for letting us know, @Pnda183

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if you ever need any more assistance. 

All the best, 

MoR