cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connect and auto compensation scheme

Robmcc

Broadband connect and auto compensation scheme

Hi,
Basically i supposed to be connected yesturday, however the engineer came across issues/was unable to connect the fibre broadband. BT have not disclosed what the problems are and basically will have to send another engineer to investigate. I was initially told the next appointment would be the 10th of Feb, but this would be hastened. I recieved a text to say the BT appointment is on the 10th then 2 minutes later to say it has changed to the 18th...
Clearly this is more a problem with BT, however I am not receiving the service I had signed up for (technically billing doesnt start till connected). I have read that plusnet are committed to the auto compensation scheme, but have not signed up....about as clear as mud then. Is compensation being paid? Clearly without service as a household we will be hammering our mobile data, I have uni work to do and the other half has lesson planning ect. Does anyone have any advice?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband connect and auto compensation scheme

@Robmcc  Welcome to the forum.

Plusnet may be committed to joining the compensation scheme but have not yet joined it.

Connection dates are determined by Openreach engineer availability. Plusnet do not definitely get a date until the order is placed and even then is subject to change.

Normally on a straight transfer of service and providing you have left the advising of the transfer to Plusnet your existing ISP extends their contract to match the change over date. However if you’ve committed the cardinal sin of cancelling your existing ISP contract yourself then I suspect that your mobile data will get a hammering.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Robmcc

Thanks for the response. For information I did not contact my previous ISP, so plusnet must have contact them yesterday to take over the line but not completed the process. Do you know where I stand with that???
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Robmcc 

You need a Plusnet staffer to come along and pick this up. With respect to where you stand the only answer I can give is 'potentially without broadband'. The best that Plusnet give by way of compensation, when they think it appropriate, is what they call a gesture of goodwill. There is no published formal compensation scheme.

Whilst Plusnet seem to turn a blind eye to business use it is against their terms and conditions, so unless you pay extra for their business service cries of 'I need it for work' will have minimal impact.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'