Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband conection dropping out.

bundybarron
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband conection dropping out.

@notmyname

This sounds like the logical solution to me.

And your right, it does tend to drop out more in bad weather.

That twin core runs from the 'sausage' up the side of our house before crossing the street to a telegraph pole.

From what the wife said it just sounds like the guy goes around changing master sockets.

notmyname
Rising Star

My advice is to get another engineer out who is willing to actually do his job. Don't accept a pass on his PQT or closeout test as issue closed.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @bundybarron,

Let us know if the issue persists with the new router, I have updated the fault ticket on your account requesting engineer availability just in case.

If you reply to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up for you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
bundybarron
Dabbler

@Jubby Thanks for that.

Well, just got back from work and new router is here, so I've set it up and its currently all systems go. Used all the new wires that came with it too.

No doubt when my son gets in later he'll want to play Fortnite! So then we'll find out how stable the connection is.

What should I do with the old router? Dispose of responsibly?

Cheers Stuart

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @bundybarron,

I'm glad to hear that you've received the new router. Please let us know if you experience any further problems with your connection. 

With the old router, you can either dispose of this at a waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) disposal point. Alternatively, we can send you a returns bag and then dispose of the router from this side in line with WEEE regulations. Please let us know if you'd like us to send you a returns bag.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
bundybarron
Dabbler

That’s okay we have electrical waste where I work so will get rid of it there. Cheers.