Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

FIXED
LS
Hooked

Broadband activation

I’ve been waiting all day for an activation email/text as my service is meant to start today. I’ve plugged in the router anyway and it has a blue light but I can’t connect to the internet. My phone line is working fine. Just wondered if it’s normal to be waiting this late in the day for activation. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Broadband activation

Hi @LS 

Welcome to the forums! 

Looks like your orders all completed as we expected them too - but there was some delay in the final process of your circuit activating. 

I've manually updated this for you from our end. 

Could you reboot your router and try establishing a connection for me? 

Thanks, 

MoR 

LS
Hooked

Hiya. Tried again but still can’t connect. Hub light still blue
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our tests are showing that your router is in sync - therefore a signal is indeed reaching our premise. 

Could you try a full reset via the little hole at the back for us? You'll need to hold something small in there for about 20 seconds.

Can you tell me what your device says when you try and establish a connection as well? 

Thanks,

MoR

LS
Hooked

Tried that now. Still just a blue light. When I try to load a web page on my laptop says site can’t be reached. The WiFi symbol on my laptop has an exclamation mark and says no internet
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Could you take a look through our troubleshooting guides here ?

As I said everything looks spot on from our side.

I'm really sorry about this.

Thanks,

MoR

LS
Hooked

I’ve even tried on another laptop with an Ethernet connection rather than WiFi. . Just loads up the plusnet hub manager page whenever I try to connect to any internet site I’ve bookmarked. Frustrating
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you log into the Hub Manager with the Admin Password? 

You can find this on the same card your WiFi password is on - once you are in can you please check that the username and password are correct inside the "Basic" details section? If they are wrong please can you update these, they should be the same as your account username and password. 

Thanks, 

MoR

LS
Hooked

Not sure if I’m looking at the right section as can’t see anything headed basic details but on the home page for my hub the broadband username is setup@plusdsl.net
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

That right there will be your issue! That "setup" should be your account password.

Can you try this : 

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254 

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

MoR

LS
Hooked

Yes! That worked. That was very hard work and never experienced anything like that before even though Ive changed B.B. supplier many times in the past. . But many thanks for persevering with me MoR and helping me resolve the issue
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@LS 

No worries at all! That's what we are here for. 

I have a feeling my manual intervention to fully complete your order may have caused the TR069 protocol to not auto assign your credentials to your router. Which is why is showed the "setup" username. Sorry about that, it was required, however, due to the situation we were in before that point. 

Anyway, glad to hear you are now up and running. 

If you need any more assistance give one us a shout on here - we're always happy to help.

Have a great night! 

MoR

*typo edit