cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation help

johngalt330

Broadband activation help

Hello,

We signed up for fibre broadband a couple of weeks ago and received our router the other day. Our phone line has been active for over a week (thank you!), but our broadband doesn’t seem to have been activated yet, and I wondered if there is any chance someone could check this for me? The previous tenant in our flat was hooked up with BT internet, so I’m hoping our local activation should have been fairly straightforward to achieve.

I’m following up on this because my partner and I have both been asked to work from home due to the coronavirus, and we really need internet in order to do so—so if there were a way to activate it today or tomorrow that would be amazing.

Thanks very much for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
johngalt330

Re: Broadband activation help

Sorry to trouble, but is it possible for our activation to be checked in case anything can be done from Plusnet’s side? Please let me know if you need anything else from me. Thank you!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @johngalt330 and apologies for the delayed response. Sorry for the lack of communication regarding when your broadband would go live, I can see this was activated last Saturday and you're up and running now.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johngalt330

Hi @Gandalf,

Thanks very much for your reply! I really appreciate it. Everything was activated on Saturday thank goodness so working from home can proceed as (sadly) necessary at the moment.

Openreach was great by the way—they texted on Saturday to let me know when they were doing the work, and then as soon as it was finished.

Many thanks once again for your help!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @johngalt330 thanks for the post back. No problem and I'm glad to see that everything's gone smoothly.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with (and I hope you're keeping well!)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet