Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speeds

pbaker
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Broadband Speeds

What sort of speeds should i be getting with the below, as when i do a speed test im only getting around 37-39mb on download. the upload is ok and about where it should be.

• Estimated Download Range: 47 - 67Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 14 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 41.9Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 49.8Mbps

I did have an issue back in July/Aug time where the profile some how changed on my line and i was only getting around 29mb but this got resolved.

8 REPLIES 8
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Broadband Speeds

Are you testing on a wired or wireless connection?

pbaker
Dabbler

This is on a wired connection, even with a laptop plugged directly into the router on its own via an ethernet cable the speeds are still pretty much the same. 

jordanc1230
Rising Star

@pbaker are you on unlimited fibre or fibre extra?

pbaker
Dabbler

Unlimited fibre extra
ryan2
Hooked

My download speed has dropped drastically too it should be 40Mbs with a guaranteed of 30Mbs but can only get 20Mbs at a push the upload is 8Mbs which is ok. It’s just such a poor service from plusnet and the fact they won’t even keep to their guaranteed speed is abysmal. I’ll be filing a complaint and getting a refund for them breaking the contract and not guaranteeing the speed.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @ryan2 

Sometimes issues can happen that affect speeds but we can definitely work with you to get that sorted out. 

I've picked this up for you and have added a support ticket to your account here with some recommendations: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=208137403

Please take a look when you can and I'll keep on top of this until we've got it nailed. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pbaker
Dabbler

I was going to try and raise a ticket about this, but cannot seem to find this now via their help section, you can only use there chat or give them a call. 

I did try and login into my account and can see my account but still says login on the top right so not sure what is going on there. 

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

If you go to the broadband tab in your account then complete the broadband troubleshooter that’ll raise a fault ticket