cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issue - is support available?

Ptj21

Broadband Issue - is support available?

Hello,
I am having issues with my broadband connection dropping in and out. I have been through the check list online. I have called the support numbers but they don't seem to be working and the online chat is offline. Anybody know how I can speak to someone at Plusnet?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Broadband Issue - is support available?

@Ptj21  Welcome to the forum.

The Chat service is permanently off line. The telephone service is working but being swamped by calls. If the queue gets unacceptably long you get referred here.

Plusnet staffers do come along and pick up posts but they are currently thin on the ground.

When you say that your broadband drops in an out can you give a bit more detail, for example, which hub are you using, are you connecting to it wirelessly or over an Ethernet cable and are the lights on the hub changing when your connection drops?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ptj21

Hi the lights on the router remain when the connection drops. We have tried it with an Ethernet cable and it continues. We have the plusnet fibre broadband box, I will try and find the make
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Ptj21 

Try splitting the wireless bands as explained in this thread.  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-one-dropping-connection-too-frequently/m-p/1722387#M1742...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'