cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Installation - Needs to be Streamlined

jasonsgiants

Broadband Installation - Needs to be Streamlined

Firstly, I moved flat and ordered the Fibre package on the 28th October, knowing that the previous tenants at the flat had a phone line connected until the 15th November. Whilst I was not able to disconnect the line this was not a major problem as I had use of their internet. As there was a two week waiting period before any actions could occur I thought it would be an easy and FAST process getting everything organised with Plusnet. However, this was not the case as nothing could be arranged until the line has been disconnected. An engineer cannot be booked and the router cannot be delivered. Can someone explain the logic here, it makes no sense at all?!
Sure, I understand that the phone line needs to be terminated before you can set new one up and from there you need an engineer to install the broadband but surely it would be better for customers if everything was booked?! For example, the router could've been posted and engineer booked for the 17/18th (knowing that the telephone line would've been sorted by the 16th)? The customer would only have to wait a few days for the installation to be complete!
The new phone line has now been set up after the previous tenants phone line was disconnected (I called Plusnet on the 15th) and I have received text confirmation. Now though, for some strange reason, I have to wait 48/72 hours before an engineer can even be booked. I'm not sure why this is, can someone explain?! Surely it's simply a case of calling up the engineer company and getting the earliest slot available?

As I often work from home this process has been a real pain in the backside and I can only assume it's going to get worse. Overall, I am not impressed and feel that there is a lot of streamlining that could be done for those that contact you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband Installation - Needs to be Streamlined

Hi there Jasonsgiants and welcome to the Community,
An engineer cannot be booked and the router cannot be delivered. Can someone explain the logic here, it makes no sense at all?!

Sure, I understand that the phone line needs to be terminated before you can set new one up and from there you need an engineer to install the broadband but surely it would be better for customers if everything was booked?!

You were exactly right there, we'll dispatch the router when the broadband order is in place. We do this for each customer and dispatch the routers to arrive a day or two prior to installation.
Also as in your case we needed to ensure the line was active first before ordering broadband, we simply wouldn't have been able to do so otherwise.
I have to wait 48/72 hours before an engineer can even be booked

We advised that as the order for that was placed manually which is picked up by a separate team. I'm glad to see that's been done this morning and details about the appointment have been added to ticket 94777081.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team