Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Fibre Speed has slowed down

Jason81
Dabbler

Broadband Fibre Speed has slowed down

My speed has slowed down to 28mbps..... It was ok on 74mbps

Nothing but issues ever since I joined PlusNet.... I should have stayed with sky... at least I could speak to their customer services. And not be on hold for 45mins with PlusNet.....
9 REPLIES 9
dalegilbert
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Fibre Speed has slowed down

My download speed currently a third of what it should be.

No hope of logging a call with plusnet as service support means unavailable.  In this day and age this is appalling. Give us back online fault logging facility. Time based telephony is ridiculous.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Jason81 Sorry to hear you're having issues with your speeds. We've tested your line and we've found a potential external issue. This has been raised to our suppliers so they can investigate further and we'll update your account with the details which you can view by going here

@dalegilbert Sorry to hear that you're also having issues. Your line is testing fine and your router is in sync at 40mbps which is the highest it can be for the product you are on. If you're still having issues please follow the steps below we can investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background.

This must be done on a wired connection and not wireless Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics. Please type in your phone number and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the server for investigation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jason81
Dabbler

Speed is still [-Censored-] and now internet voice calls drop when using WhatsApp.... utter joke of a service
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Jason81,

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing connection problems and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing problems with your connection and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I can see that our suppliers have investigated and were unable to determine the cause of the issue but that the line test is now failing on the copper line said. Your fault has now been raised with Openreach who we work with on Phone issues for further investigation.

They have advised an estimated response time of midnight on the 3rd of December. As it's an external fault, this is an estimate and the issue may be resolved before this point.

Please be aware that although it is not required at this time, our suppliers may wish to send an engineer to the premises at a later date, we will notify you should this be the case. Our faults team will continue to monitor for updates from them and if they are able to provide an update sooner than this they will do so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Jason81
Dabbler

Now openreach have done something now my telephone line is not working now. Seriously what is going on ?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Jason81,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this caused you.

I can see that you have now updated the ticket on your account and have advised that you have determined that this was because the engineer had disconnected the wiring that was necessary for your extensions to work and also that this engineer had turned up at your property unannounced. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you had here and I've passed on feedback to our suppliers about this.

Please let us know if you experience any further problems with your landline or broadband or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dalegilbert
Dabbler

speed reduced to 5Mbits download this morning.  will run a speed check via the BT site

dalegilbert
Dabbler

ran 3 times and ranged from 17-24Mbits.  Have sent a twitter message to you and expect a proper response this time after reporting this issue a number of weeks ago and you've done nothing.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @dalegilbertm 

We'd just need you to report a fault as the next step, that can be done online over at http://faults.plus.net please drop us a reply back here when you have. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team