cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Fibre - SLOWWWWW

Roostie
Grafter

Broadband Fibre - SLOWWWWW

Just getting worse and worse since PlusNet move my account from an 80/20 to a 40/2 without my consent.

Tried recycling the power on router, the Open Reach box, rest several times and still the internet speed is bouncing around like a fart in a hurricane.

Getting totally fed up with PlusNet - they used to be great but recently, customer service has dropped dramatically as has their service.

I used to be getting 47mb/s download and a 7mb upload... now see attched file below.... I was faster on ADSL...and this is supposed to be fibre, LIGHTNING FAST INTERNET !  Now I'm hetting 4Mb upload and 0.4 download.

crapspeed.png

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband Fibre - SLOWWWWW

Hi Roostie,

Were you connected over WiFi or ethernet when you ran those tests?

I've just tried to run some diagnostics on your line but you're showing as offline at present, have you left your modem powered off?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Roostie
Grafter

Re: Broadband Fibre - SLOWWWWW

I was on holiday for 2 weeks and left the router off to see if itd clear but its not really any better. Today the WiFi speed dropped to 0.06Mb/s that slower than dial up.

Ive even got a new Netgear Nighthawk X6 Router today and although I can connect to the internet it seems sometimes pages take a while to load, not the lightning fast speed you'd expect from Fibre Broadband.

So whats next, the Line, The Openreach Modem, Cabinet.... reset everything I can so far and I still have problems....