Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Fibre Activation

SySimple
Dabbler

Broadband Fibre Activation

Hi all,
Had a new phone line installed yesterday by BT engineer. He almost suggested that the line was already active and I didn't need to pay the £49.99 for a new line. Anyway, all tested by engineer and myself as working yesterday by around 1pm. Received email from PN at around 2am this morning saying line active. Plugged in router yesterday afternoon, not working, orange light and solid red b. Contacted PN yesterday to ask them to activate....according to chat advisor, an engineer had to complete their report before handing over. Fired up router again this am.....same solid orange light and red b.....any ideas....anyone? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Re: Broadband Fibre Activation

As I understand it there are two tasks here. One is activating a new phone line, the other connecting the phone line to the fibre cabinet. These two tasks will not necessarily be completed by the same technician. So is it the phone line that is active and ready for the fibre link to be completed or have both been completed?

I would contact PN again and ask for clarification.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SySimple
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Fibre Activation

Thanks for the reply....both were completed yesterday....and now all is working now.