Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Down

FIXED
stanbwonderful

Broadband Down

Hi all,

My broadband died on Friday and has been down since. Nothing at my end changed, it just stopped working. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I've got a little collection of modems which I've tried, I've also tried different phone ports with no luck Sad

4 REPLIES 4
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Broadband Down

Welcome to the Forum @stanbwonderful 

Silly point but have you spoken to PlusNet about the problem? It may just be me but I tend to phone in immediately in this sort of situation..

Does your landline phone still work? Have you tried connecting to the test socket? PusNet offer https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/ but that may not help much at the moment of the connection is completely dead.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @stanbwonderful,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've tested you're line this evening and we're unable to locate the exact cause of the issue. Could I ask what router you've currently got set up within the phone socket and what lights appear along the front of it? Please could you also clarify which troubleshooting steps you've been able to take, so that we can review the fault further?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
stanbwonderful

hiya Alex,

I did a bunch of playing around and I've got the blue light on on the front of my Plusnet router, it seems to be working as we speak. I'll let you know if it falls down again Tongue

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm glad to hear that's the case! If you've changed out any of the components to achieve this affect then it may be worth making a note of this, as they are likely the cause of the fault assuming the router now stays online. Regardless, just give us a shout if any further problems occur and we'll be more than happy to help Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team