cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Constantly Drops

chrisa86

Broadband Constantly Drops

I have had the Unlimited Fibre package since moving house in early September. The broadband was fine for the first month; however, on October 7th, I noticed the router was suddenly disconnected (with the orange b). This rectified itself after a minute or so but, since then, it has been something that occurs on a very regular basis (sometimes, it is multiple times in an hour!)

I've contacted customer service numerous times. They arranged for an OpenReach engineer to come out but he could see no real problems (other than changing the master socket over). Having performed numerous tests, there were no real problems whatsoever. The speed was consistent at 40000 kbps and, as he said, if it were to be a problem with the line, the speed would have dropped at some point.

Since then, I have had a new router come through (this arrived the next day so I was quite impressed there). It seemed fine for the first day but went back to causing problems today.

I really am at a loss as to what to do. It can't be the phone line as the engineer said there was no issue. It can't be the internal wiring as this happened when it was plugged into the test socket and it shouldn't be the router if it is happening again. I'm hoping somebody may have an idea about how to fix this. 

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband Constantly Drops

Hi Chris,

Sorry to learn about the problems you've mentioned. I'd like to take a look at your account to see what I can do to put things right.

Please feel free to send me a PM including your username.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @chrisa86

Has anything changed over the weekend? Looking at your connection, it's been much more stable since Friday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrisa86

Hi Harry
I haven't changed anything at all but it does seem to have improved. It it continues to be better, I'll move the router away from the master socket (really inconvenient as it's under the stairs and can't get Ethernet cables there).

Is there anyway that we can see our own version of that data? Would be nice to know how it plays out over the next few weeks whilst I'm not at home.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your router logs may tell you disconnections, however the only way to get this data really is to ask us.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.