Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation

dyusta
Hooked

Broadband Activation

Hello,

I've just got my router delivered today and my phone line was activated last Tuesday. 

I've tried to connect and switch on the router but internet wouldn't work I suspect cause the activation date isn't due till next Saturday. 

Is there anyway the activation could be done any sooner? I just moved into my new flat and the previous tenants had also Plusnet internet installed so I thought it wouldn't take so long to get it up and running.

Thank you,

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband Activation

@dyusta Welcome to the forums. If you have been given an activation date of next Saturday, that suggests there is still some work to done somewhere, although it is a little strange there is such a gap between phone and BB activation. You have posted on the ADSL board, but I suspect you may be going for fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC), in which case, it could be due to engineer availability in your area, as that service does need an engineer to physically visit your local cabinet and connect you.

John
dyusta
Hooked

Hi jab1,

Thanks for your prompt response. I believe I've got FTTC and fibre installed but I think there is no requirement for an engineer to set it up as I was told all I need to do is connect, switch on the router and wait for it to be activated.

Thank you,

Daniel

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@dyusta You have your phone line connected, but an FTTC connection requires an engineer to physically make the connection in the green cabinet, and this, as I said, depends on their availability. True, he won't (or shouldn't) need to visit you personally.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Note also that on the activation date the actual time can be anything up to midnight.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine