cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband 40Mbps to socket, 3 Mbps from hub: Why?

StrawberryJam

Broadband 40Mbps to socket, 3 Mbps from hub: Why?

Hoping someone out there can help with this mystery.

I was getting downloads speeds around 30 Mbps until about a month ago when the speed suddenly dropped to between 2 and 4 Mbps (depending on the time of day).

The Plusnet One Hub tells me I'm getting 40Mbps down and 9.99 upload speeds, so I thought there might be a problem with the router. Plustnet sent me a new one which I connected up today - but the problem persists. 

BTW speedcheck tells me I'm getting 3.82 this evening. The hub is connected to the master socket, and the computer is connected to the hub via ethernet cable. Wireless connection speeds to phones and iPads are similar.

Screenshots attached - Hub DSL status and BTW speedcheck stats.

Grateful for any advice on what might be going on here!

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Broadband 40Mbps to socket, 3 Mbps from hub: Why?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Your screen shot is 2 copies of the DSL stats which, unfortunately, does not include noise margin, attenuation and errors that are more useful (see attached - but ignore Max Rate, it is "just for fun")

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team