Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BroadBand Speed Crash

Jacobyte969
Dabbler

BroadBand Speed Crash

Hi,

Over the last year I have had continuing issues with my broadband where all of sudden its speed would drop from 40 Down 10 Up to 10ish down 1 up. Usually engineers come to my house but they never find anything. Eventually they reset the line and it goes back to normal for a month or two. 

Well the issue is re-occurring again how do I get my line reset?

Jason 

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: BroadBand Speed Crash

Hi @Jacobyte969,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested your line a couple of times this morning and I'm seeing conflicting information, suggesting there's most likely an external fault of some kind along the line. That being said, it's not certain just now and there's a couple of checks we'll need to carry out before proceeding onto the next stage. Firstly, have you carried out our troubleshooting steps recently? If not, I'd ask that you please give them a go to see if they make any difference. For reference, these can be found here.

Secondly and more importantly in this case, I'd ask that you please set the router up in the test socket in the property and let us know once you've done so. The reason I'm asking this is because I think it would be worth seeing if out test results vary at all once this change has been made. For reference, there's a guide on how to setup in the test socket here

Please let us know how you get on with this and we'll pick the case back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Jacobyte969
Dabbler

Hi,

Connected the broadband to the Master socket and run the other tests. Made no difference

Today, while the speed is faster I am getting waves disconnects. Which is making the internet almost unusable

Can you urgently investigate.

Jason

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Jacobyte969,

Thanks for carrying out these steps. I've tested the line and the results haven't altered, meaning we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. I've raised a support ticket on your account concerning this, which can be accessed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket, please update this thread so that we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team