cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton Outage

shaone
Dabbler

Brighton Outage

As time ticks steadily towards my 3rd night of no internet, I'm wondering if anyone else in the Brighton area is having any problems with the fibre service?
I notice that at the around the time my service went down, the BT service status page indicated problems at my exchange, and I've been checking it continuously, but each time the estimate fix time is reached it gets pushed back another 2-3 hours.
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status#issue38246
I've raised a fault but it's been well over 24 hours and there has been no response.  I spoke to an agent on chat who told me it would take up to 72 hours to respond to the report (despite it saying up to 24 hours on the message on my Question), which seems like an incredibly long time to me, especially when BT are reporting problems with fibre at the actual exchange.
The specific error I see in the router control panel is "Concentrator not reachable".  
I'm curious if this error relates to problem listed on the BT site or just a coincidental problem with just my service that developed at exactly the same time?
3 REPLIES
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Re: Brighton Outage

Hi there,
Sorry to see the outage. Looks like it might be specific to your line as I've found an unbalanced cable phone fault.
I've raised this to BT, and they suspect a resolution by 17/07/15 23:59:59. Apologies for this, but hopefully you should be back up sooner than later.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
shaone
Dabbler

Not sure if you changed any settings, or if BT did any work on the external side while I was at work, but came home today, restarted the openreach box not hoping for anything and was actually able to get a connection!
I hit Close on the Question, not sure if anything else needs to happen but am happy from my side to finally be able to get back to gaming Smiley
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Nice!
Glad it got sorted quickly Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet