cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge mode issues - PS3 constantly disconnecting

nfrancis

Re: Bridge mode issues - PS3 constantly disconnecting

Thank you both - have set-up the PS3 using both of your suggestions.
582 already set-up with open dns, and implemented the fix to stop the plusnet dns creeping back in.
Set-up the PS3 using custom mode, but with dhcp for ip address, and manually entered in open dns in dns settings.
Have then gone into 582 and re-set up the port forwarding with the PS3 set to always use the same ip address. Game mode is already enabled & upnp enabled also.
Rebooted both. Will wait & see what happens.
Portforward test tool is still showing ports as closed, will wait and see if I keep getting disconnected.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Unless you are running the actual game the expected result is to see ports as closed. If the device is not "listening" then how can it respond to say a port is open.
That's RPM to you!!
nfrancis

Thanks RPM.
Have done a few more checks. Fully reset my TG582n & reconfigured it. Have checked my port forward. I assigned the PS3 config to forward ports to my laptop. Port Forward tool shows the ports as open, but when I assign it to my PS3 and am running the game it shows the ports as closed.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Well that is odd. First thing, can you check you've got the correct port numbers required for the game in question. Also what's the PS3 reporting for NAT type? If it's type 3 then there's a problem.
Oh, talking of that, I tested gaming mode on the 582 and it appears to make things worse in our configuration. Type 2 reported with it disabled and type 3 when it's switched on. Odd, maybe it's just how I've configured it that that happens.
That's RPM to you!!
nfrancis

Hi
Sorry for delays in replying - school holidays mean day trips!
I've forwarded the ports that Port Forward recommend and that Playstation Community Forum recommend, and have triple checked I've entered them in correctly. The NAT type is type 2. I've also noticed that since switching to the PS3 ip address coming from dhcp, and the 582 fixing it's ip address that I'm getting an upload & download speed when I test settings.
Tried with Gaming mode disabled and NAT went to type 3.
Maybe this is just as good as it gets for me and I have to live with the disconnects, until I get a new fibre router.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Have you tried disabling all port forward to the PS3?
The routers UPnP should be able to take care of opening the required ports without PF.