cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootcamp (Windows on a Mac) crashing when connected to router - ideas anyone?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Bootcamp (Windows on a Mac) crashing when connected to router - ideas anyone?

Hey guys
I am just wondering if anyone has come across my issue before.
This evening my Windows 7 OS on my iMac started crashing only when the ethernet cable or wifi is connected. I am aware of the IPv6 issue with older Macs so I have turned that off in case that is causing the issue, but it has had no effect.
It seems to be isolated with the Windows partition and it is working across all other devices. I have also tried the Plusnet Hub Zero + Openreach Modem as well the the standalone Hub One. I've also tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail.
The next thing I can think of is to install Windows 10, but was wondering if anyone here has any ideas?
Thanks Cheesy
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
1 REPLY 1
brookheather
Rising Star

Re: Bootcamp (Windows on a Mac) crashing when connected to router - ideas anyone?

Try running "sfc /scannow" from an Administrator command prompt - this will check and fix any corrupted system files and drivers in case that is causing your problem.
BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro