cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking an Engineer

JHunter
Dabbler

Booking an Engineer

I know all providers do this but it has really come to a head for me this week with Plusnet.

Over the month or so since FTTC was activated on my line the speed has steadily fallen from low 70mbs to about 42mb. This was being investigated up to a point until on Thursday the broadband dropped out altogether. The question from Plusnet- do you want to book an engineer?

Do I want to book an engineer? Surely as Plusnet'a job is to get a phone and broadband signal to my house and I'm paying more than £50 a month to get it, Plusnet should just be sorting out an engineer so that the thing I'm paying for works? You know, what with there being a contract in place.

Surely the policy after running all the tests should be to get an engineer out ASAP to the exchange/network? If the house wiring hasn't changed in the time the signal has gone from 70-odd to 40-odd to nothing, it's not 'my' booking- its Plusnet's to sort out a network issue.

48hrs on and I'm still none the wiser as to when the issue is going to be resolved. I did get a reminder about them taking the DD from my bank account though- there's no dithering about with that...

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Booking an Engineer

One of the reasons they ask is because if the fault is beyond the Master Socket they you will get charged, so just make sure you have followed the guides on the help pages.

JHunter
Dabbler

Re: Booking an Engineer

Yes, this is after everything has been checked and the Plusnet support team reckon it is almost certainly a problem on the network. Now I see the ticket has been closed but the broadband STILL ISN'T WORKING.

This is really grim Plusnet, really grim.