cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light but no wifi or internet connection

WombatRT

Blue light but no wifi or internet connection

My router has a blue light but can't get any internet on pc or mobile. On the Plusnet hub it says 'connected'. I have connected to master socket but this makes no difference.
Any help very much appreciated...
Rachel
5 REPLIES 5
Rachey0

Re: Blue light but no wifi or internet connection

I have this exact problem. Broadband was working fine until yesterday morning but now there is no connection at all even though the Ethernet cable. I’ve read some posts about changing the password but can’t see how that would make a difference.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Rachey0,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with your broadband service and I apologise for the frustration caused. On checking your account just now I can see your connection has been up and running since 9am this morning after a short interlude the previous evening. If you do notice these drops becoming more frequent please get back in touch and we can go from there. 

Thanks. 

Bev28

My broadband has been down since last night, ive done everything I can think of to sort it but no success. The help and support page aren't working and the phone lines not open!!? Please can you help me?
Rachey0

It turned out to be a fault with the network, which BT Wholesale fixed. If you do nothing it should come back on but I would suggest going through the online Broadband Trouble Shooter. At the end it will raise a fault for you. You will get a refund for the time is is out of service. I made the mistake of resetting my router to factory settings which stopped it from connecting with the server, due to a password issue. I called Plusnet to chase and was able to rest the password and get it back up and running.
weststreet78
Dabbler

It might be a router firmware issue with an easy fix. Check out this forum with a description of the problem and fix:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Dropouts-Firmware-DNS-issue/m-p/1770498#M21777