Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big drop in Download speed

TheChefuk
Hooked

Big drop in Download speed

Hi

In the process of changing from bt landline to plusnet phone line(10th Jan completion date), i have fibre broadband with you already, and have for the last been a broadband customer for the last 10 years. Since the order has been placed ive noticed a drop in speed from a normal speed of 40-50 Mbps(which has been the same since fibre was installed) to speeds as low as 4-6 mbps. I haven't changed my broadband package, just added my phone line. Also my ping has increased massively as well.  This is hard wired direct into the router and laptop, but was getting 40-50 mbps on wirless fine. Please help!!

Cheers

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed   4.54 Mbps     0 Mbps 38.71 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4.54 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-38.71 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed   6.32 Mbps     0 Mbps 10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.32Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

7 REPLIES 7
TheChefuk
Hooked

Re: Big drop in Download speed

Does anyone respond to these posts? or is it best to call someone??? Again tonite shocking speed one test as low as 4 Mbps!! Why after so many years of speeds of 35-45 Mbps do i get this?

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Welcome to the Forum. Your post might get picked up by one of the Plusnet people here but they can be thin on the ground, particularly at the weekends.

I would be inclined to go through the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and then report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @TheChefuk I have tested the line and this isn't finding the cause of your issue. I have also checked for congestion and this doesn't look to be the cause either. Could you advise if you are still experiencing slow speeds?

If the issue is still present the next step would be to book an engineer visit. I have updated Ticket: 165598164

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
TheChefuk
Hooked

Hi 

Yes still very slow 6.24 Mbps tonite. Have responded to the message in my account, with dates for an engineers appointment. Hope this can be sorted very soon...  

TheChefuk
Hooked

Speed today is a lot faster..... done a test an hour since 8am and been getting 36 Mbps, will see how tonite goes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've replied to your thread over here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread locked in favour of the link in @Gandalf's post above to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still