cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Speed Reduction

prodda
Dabbler

Big Speed Reduction

Hi all - have had Fibre for about 6 months and has been great. Line speed was/is 77.4 and download speeds (as per the BT Speedtest) have almost always been 55+. However, over the past few days download speed has dropped to 20mbps. I have run the BT Speedtest numerous times & whenever I try 'additional diagnostics' I get the message "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information". I've re-run the test countless times but get the same result. Is there any way I can tell if the IP Profile is out of sync or something like that? I've tried disconnecting/re-connecting from my router but don't know what else to do.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Phil
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Big Speed Reduction

Hi prodda,
Diagnostics don't show any obvious issues at all.
I'd report a fault if that keeps happening: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
prodda
Dabbler

Thanks Adam - think I've now found the problem. Updated network drivers for Windows 10 seems to have done the trick.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Ok, great.
Cheers for letting us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team