cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond a joke now!

Laura129
Hooked

Beyond a joke now!

I first ordered Plusnet fibre broadband over a month ago, the guy on the phone when signing up confidently said they will have me online within a week... I ended up getting messed around with my activation date and didn't get activated until just a few days ago, however i still have no Internet. I keep getting a flashing red b, i rang up a few times and got told different things each time, in the end one of them said they think it could be a damaged router so they sent me a new one and said it will definitely fix things. Well it came today and still that stupid red flashing b, this is really the worst experience I've ever had with any company ever, i switched from Sky because they were slow but at least they could actually GET ME ONLINE! Biggest mistake switching over, not happy at all!
3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Beyond a joke now!

Hi @Laura129,

I'm sorry you're having yet more issues with your service.

I can see you already have a few posts about the delayed order and the original order process. I'm not going to go over those again, if that's okay and I'm just going to focus on your inability to connect, or the fault. 

I can see you've raised a fault on the portal, but I've manually tested the service just now anyway to see what it's come back with.  Now I want to get this resolved for you as soon as possible but I need to check some things with you. 

• Can you confirm if the telephone line is working, that you're able to successfully make and receive calls? 
  • Is the router currently plugged in and powered up? I ask this because testing shows it isn't (see below):

If it isn't could you do this and let us know so we can test it again, it helps to fix the issue quicker.

Laura129
Hooked

Thanks for replying, unfortunately i don't have a phone to test if the line works. And yes everything is currently switched on and i have my router connected via the test socket. I recently left Sky to join you guys, could it be something on the Sky end that they should be doing?

Your customer service also said that about the previous router. I'm starting to think your engineer has wired up the wrong house or something.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Laura129,

Firstly, I'm sorry about the delay in responding. I've updated the ticket on your account if you could take a look and respond with the information I've requested.

Similar to your assumption, my guess is that this is caused by the original installation engineer cross jumpering your line.