Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to report terrible broadband speeds

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Best way to report terrible broadband speeds

But you still haven't provided us with the details we asked for, without which we can do nothing.

John
Justin4
Dabbler

Hey John,

Thank you for your help I genuinely appreciate it. I’m sorry if this is obvious stuff, But I don’t have a phone on the line so don’t know the phone number! I have looked through my correspondence with Plusnet and can’t see any reference to it. Is there a way I can find it out?

cheers Justin4

jab1
Legend

Try your Account home page >Manage Account>View/Edit account details.

John
jab1
Legend

@Justin4 Just so I know whether to delete this subscription, or not, are you likely to be answering my request for information to enable the Community to help you in the next 24 hours or so?

John
Justin4
Dabbler

Hey John,

I have “unlimited fibre extra” to answer your original question. And thank you for your advice I have now found my phone number! The last time I tried to do tests using an Ethernet cable I had to borrow one. To do the tests you have advised I will need to get a new Ethernet cable.

jab1
Legend

Do the test over WiFi if necessary - if I feel you need to do it over ethernet, I will advise, but so far you have given me NOTHING to go on.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Justin4

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems and having difficulties contacting us 

You can report a fault to us by text through following the instructions Here. You can also call us on 0800 432 0200, or message us on Facebook or Twitter. We're also happy to help on our forums.

We'd need 30 days to investigate a speed fault before we're able to say we can't do anything more and waive termination fees, which is explained in our help guide here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-broadband-speeds/

Looking the history of things on your account, I can see we offered you an engineer visit in March to investigate further but we didn't hear back so the fault ticket automatically closed after 14 days of inactivity. 

Without further ado, I've tested your line and I can see your speed is artificially restricted to 35mbps by automated software at the cabinet (the green box in the road) which the tests aren't showing the cause of, so I've arranged for your line to be reset and you should hopefully see a higher speed within the next 3 working days.

Could you let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Justin4
Dabbler

test.png

jab1
Legend

@Justin4 Why are you testing on an iPhone - I assume you have a desktop/laptop, which will give a better  picture. That last post is useless.

Have you seen  @Gandalf 's post above?

John
Justin4
Dabbler

Thank you Anoush, John and Baldrick 1,

I am grateful for your help, I have posted a test I did last night. when I had problems in the past with the speed I spoke to some one at plusnet who talked me through (what I understood as) dividing my broadband in to two, so some devices use 5GHZ this did help at first but now I am back to waiting for picyures to load on instagram.

I will keep you posted Anoush as to whether I see an improvement in the next 3 days.

thanks again

justin4 

Justin4
Dabbler

Hey John,

I did not do the test  on an iphone, I tested it on my ipad as no I do not have a laptop.

Why is my last post useless, cant you read it?  Your obviously more technically minded than I am and getting frustrated that this stuff doesn't come as easy to me as it does to you. I have thanked you for helping me, but please try and be a little more patient, I'm not a tech savy 20 year old and I am doing my best!

Yes I have see @Gandalf's post and have thanked him, and I thanked you again!

justin4

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Justin4 

The sad fact is that to sort this problem out you will have to try and help us to help you.

@Gandalf  is reporting that your line is banded. The results that you have posted show much lower speeds than this banded speed plus horrendous latency, so there is very probably something else going on as well.

An Ethernet cable would have been included with your hub, so you have had one. Alternatively they only cost a few pounds. Using one is the only sure fire way of confirming my suspicion that in addition to the line banding you have a wireless problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

I'm not 20 either - far, far from it. If you don't understand something, say something and we will help, but not replying, or going off at a tangent makes it appear that all you want to do is complain, not rectify the situation.

John
Justin4
Dabbler

test 2.jpg