cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to report terrible broadband speeds

Justin4
Dabbler

Best way to report terrible broadband speeds

I have had trouble with dreadful broadband speeds since being with Plusnet. I find contacting them very difficult, Despite plusnet looking as if they are there to help and want to improve the service they make it as hard as possible for you to raise a problem.

Can any one help suggest a way I can send them screen grabs showing that my broadband speed is no where near what they promise so that I can leave them with out being charged?

Thank You 

justin4

45 REPLIES 45
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Best way to report terrible broadband speeds

See my reply on your previous post.

John
Justin4
Dabbler

Hey John,

I think my previous post  was erased,  and I have reposted my question in the ADSL broadband  section as you suggested.

cheers

justin4

jab1
Legend

@Justin4 Your previous post is still there. So, you are on ADSL? In that case can you please post the results fro the following -

BT Broadband - making sure your phone number is not showing, BTW Performance Tester , making sure you run the 'Additional Diagnostics' and the 'Help Desk' page from your Hub, obscuring any personal data?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@jab1 

The other post states that the guaranteed minimum speed is 31.9Mbps, so has been correctly posted on the fibre  board. Hopefully a Mod will combine the two.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 The one I am referring to is the recent one in Genera Chat from yesterday, but if the OP has reported the issue previously, it must have been some time ago - I have only been watching the Fibre board for about the last three months or so.

John
Baldrick1

@jab1 

Yes it was last January.

@

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1

@Justin4 

You are causing total confusion posting all over this forum. Hopefully a Mod will pull them together where they belong, that is on the Fibre board.

Whilst a Plusnet staffer might well come along and help you should be aware that the majority of responses that you will get on this forum will be from fellow customers trying to help. We are interested in the technical issues and are unconcerned about your threats to leave. It is therefore probably best if you just concentrate on telling us about your technical issues. It is disappointing that you have not followed this up for the past 10 months as it has clearly been irritating you for all this period.

You need to be aware that for us to help the first thing to do is identify whether you just have a wireless or its a network problem. It is therefore necessary for all initial testing to be done over an Ethernet cable.

When you use this then if the BT speed test does not work then use a different speed teater. Try this one then post the reauslts here. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

Also put your phone number in here and post the result:  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Moderator and Customer

Justin4
Dabbler

Hey Baldrick1,

Im so sorry I caused total confusion posting all over the forum with my two posts.  I have just tried to get rid of my original post but don't Know how to.

I am very frustrated with Plusnet and surely listening to your customers about how hard it is to resolve problems is a valid point. If you really wanted to help customers and make things better you would look in to this. I don’t want to have to join a forum to sort my broadband out, But It seems the only way. I will keep my frustrations to my self from now on. 

Thank you for your suggestions and help, I will Star there.

jab1
Legend

@Justin4 You have not replied to my post #4 which is in effect the same as @Baldrick1 's - except that I forgot to mention that speed tests should be done over an ethernet (wired) connection.

John
Justin4
Dabbler

Hey John,

Im sorry o didn’t reply, thank you to you too for your help.

Justin4
Dabbler

Please could you guys tell me where I can find my access line ID? 

jab1
Legend

Don't use that - enter the telephone number in the top box (assuming you are on the BT Broadband site).

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Hello Justin,

Yes, we know slow broadband is very frustrating but complaining about Plusnet staff isn't going to fix it. You have been offered immediate help from two of our most experienced members yet you say you want PN staff to help instead.

Well, there are only four of them and they will get round to assist you, and the first thing they will ask you is to carry out the checks as requested above by John and Baldrick. PN has 1.4 million customers so even if a couple of hundred of them encounter problems it's still an infinitesimal proportion of the satisfied majority who get excellent BB at relatively low prices. (Just don't expect PN email to work, it's rubbish).

Could I suggest you stop moaning, accept this generous offer from your fellow customers and get your BB sorted? Otherwise you might consider changing to another ISP which may offer better service at up to twice the PN price. Good luck whatever you choose.

Justin4
Dabbler

Hey longliner,

I have thanked the members for their suggestions and help. Where have I said I want PN staff to help instead?