Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best router for FTTC / local wireless distribution

SirLurkalot
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Best router for FTTC / local wireless distribution

Hi   I swapped to FFTC last year and am very happy with the line speed improvement BUT local wireless has been an issue. I changed from the Plusnet hub to a S/H BTHub6 which has been OK but how appears to have developed an issue being very slow. Re-booting hasn't solved it, so I'm looking to buy a really reliable/effective replacement !

What would people suggest as the best option?  TIA

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Best router for FTTC / local wireless distribution

@SirLurkalot 

Have you put your Hub One back to see if that’s also slow?
Some people seem to think that hubs start going slower because they are ‘wearing out’. This is not a common fault and much more often than not something else is amiss.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SirLurkalot
Grafter

Hi

No I haven't. I was really disappointed with that, in that nothing would connect properly, I did buy an extender but that too proved unreliable. The BTHub on it's own has been fine up until now, so I assume it's possible to get a stable setup and I'm willing to throw a few quid at it if there's a more powerful beast out there !

Thanks

northender
Dabbler

Read this thread to use a BT Smart Hub 2 bought off ebay (same as the latest Plusnet Hub Two just launched).
Very good wifi performance.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Requesting-new-hub-2-router/td-p/1849398
SirLurkalot
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks like a positive move. I already have one on the way !   🙂  Cheers.