cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below guaranteed speed

Jasp1971

Below guaranteed speed

As the title says my guaranteed speed is not being met,paying for fibre extra min 20 but only getting around 18,also when I test my speed and ping ,speed is below my guaranteed and ping/latency is over 120ms,as I use my broadband for gaming/fps these numbers are just pants,how long does the less than guaranteed speed have to happen before I can make a complaint and leave,fed up of lagging when playing online.
Thanks for any replies.
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Below guaranteed speed

You can raise a fault (and should do) as soon as your download speed falls below guaranteed speed, or even if it changes substantially.

But are you complaining about your uploads being below 20Mbs? If so 17 or 18 upload is a good speed.

Try pings to a UK site - such as bbc.co.uk as pings to foreign gaming servers are likely to rather high.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Jasp1971

That's my download speed,I can only dream of 18 upload it's never above 4 upload,my ping was sent to Manchester (My local city) and Bradford.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @Jasp1971 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing your speeds to be artificially restricted at 20mbps by the software at the exchange.

As there aren't any visible causes for this, I've arranged arranged for your line to be reset to lift this restriction, which should go through within the next 3 working days.

I'll retest your line after this time and if your speeds remain slow, we'd likely need to arrange an engineer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jasp1971

Thank you.