cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below guaranteed speed / test socket issue

Below guaranteed speed / test socket issue

Our line has been active just over a month how so well past the 10 days 'training' period.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

I cannot get to the test socket as the screws that hold the master socket faceplate in place just spin in place. I have followed the suggestions from Here with no luck. I don't want to raise a fault to have an Openreach engineer come round and them have it deemed my fault becasue I haven't been able to check the speed from the test socket. There is no other device in any other phone socket in the property.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 11

Re: Below guaranteed speed / test socket issue

Hi there,

Thank you for your query.

The purpose of connecting via the test socket, is to rule out the internal wiring and/or equipment, being the cause of the fault. Should an engineer find that the fault is caused by something internal, a charge would be applicable.

However, if you could please send a message via the forum with your account username, I'd be happy to run some checks on the line to see if its something external that is causing the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me. I have sent you a private message.

Adam
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 11

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply, sorry for the delay in responding.

I can see that a fault has now been raised and our faults team have contacted the account holder. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team