cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below Minimum Guaranteed Speed and very slow Upload

cawalkden1956

Below Minimum Guaranteed Speed and very slow Upload

Hi, could somebody help arrange a line test for me?

We moved to Plusnet a couple of months ago but have yet to achieve the advertised minimum speeds. Our Plusnet dashboard shows the below:

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 31 - 45Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 5 - 7Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 29.7Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 21.6Mbps

Speed tests done from a wired device cabled directly into the supplied router that is plugged into the master BT socket give results of between 18 and 20 Mbps download and more worryingly, between 0.3 and 0.5Mbps for upload, so only 10% of the expected minimum. These speed tests have been run numerous times over the last few days and varying times of the day.

I was hoping to speak to somebody on the Live Chat, but it never seems to be available.

1 REPLY 1
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Below Minimum Guaranteed Speed and very slow Upload

Hello @cawalkden1956,

We are sorry for the trouble you are having getting through on our online chat and for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have tested your line and the speed is definitely below your estimates.

We would need to rule out internal wiring as the cause, please can you setup your connection in to the test socket located behind your master telephone socket. A guide on this can be found here.

If the speed does not improve, please raise a fault and update this thread so we can get this picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team