Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful what you order vs what you get :(

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Be careful what you order vs what you get :(

Hi andywallace1. Welcome to the Forum.
Do you have a fault ticket open on this? Also see my comment on the other thread about the BTw speedtest.
Has someone from Plusnet looked at your profile to see if your speed has been banded? Have you been rebooting the modem at all, in an attempt to improve your speed?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

And after a few days, the reply - it beggers belief!!!!!!!!
Andywallce's comment about the stress is spot on, anyway here's the long awaitied reply to my 'war & peace' ticket -
Dear Mr Borland,
Thank you for informing us that your issue is now resolved.
If the fault is resolved there's no need to reply to this, but we'll keep the ticket open for 14 days should you have further issues.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net/ or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
Carl
I haven't reported anything but a string of duff speed tests????Huh
dick:csa
Anotherone
Champion

A Victor Meldrew quote would be appropriate Shocked
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Your thinkbroadband speed test showing as of closer to 40Mbps and closer to 20Mbps. There is perfectly fine. My parents use to be on 40/20 as they always getting 38/12 on BTW PT but getting 38/18 on TTB speedtest.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
A Victor Meldrew quote would be appropriate Shocked

No, no... it must be alright - I came home to a message on the machine telling me 38 was as good as it got and that if I wanted faster (80) then I would need to pay more so the ticket was closed  - WHY DON'T THEY READ THE TICKET?????????????Huh
IT'S UPLOAD NOT DOWNLOAD!
mlmclaren
Grafter

Ticket probably got picked up by one the of the under-trained newbies I've seen a few things about...
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

AND AGAIN>>>>>   READ THE TICKET BEFORE i DIE OF OLD AGE PLEASE  Angry Angry Angry Angry
Dear Mr Borland,
Thank you for getting back to us. The package you are on should limit your speed to 40mb down and 2mb up. However, it appears the cap on the upload was never placed so  you are achieving a higher upload speed then you are actually paying for. Please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 id you wish to upgrade to the 80mb down and 20mb up package.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
[removed]
Adie:red removed csa name as per link:rules

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

IT'S THE UPLOAD SPEED!
NO I AM NOT ON 40/2 I AM PAYING FOR 40/20 (and getting 38/9)
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Please run this test here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and what does your upload speed say?
You are on 40/20 because I can see your IP Profile on upload is 20Mbps (not 2Mbps)
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: stewarta13wsb
IT'S THE UPLOAD SPEED!
NO I AM NOT ON 40/2 I AM PAYING FOR 40/20 (and getting 38/9)

My 60/20 connection only gets 3meg on upload through BT Wholesale test... it seems to be a common bug... as requested do a test through ThinkBroadband or even speedtest.net
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

^ I agree 100% on this. Even his BTW PT showing his upload profile is the correct one at 20Mbps. Not 2Mbps.
Anotherone
Champion

I think a very robust response to the ticket is required. Such as
"I am on the 40/20 product which is what I ordered and that was done before the product range changed, that has also been confirmed that it is the product that I am on.
Are CSC agents now trained to Not read ticket history and give stupid responses to tickets as a consequence dragging out issues and annoying customers - the net result of which is to give Plusnet a BAD name.
My UPSTREAM sync speed is 19999kbps as shown on the picture of the engineer's test ie 19.999Mbps and UPSTREAM throughput speeds of 2.11Mbps (which is what I first reported) is NOT acceptable. And on a recent one off BTw test it achieved 9.26Mbps which is still NOT acceptable, it should be near DOUBLE that.
I await a response from someone who knows what they are talking about and reads tickets properly."
Dispense with the "please" - it's gone beyond that.
Also in reply #32,  I asked which make of Modem Openreach gave you. This could have a significant bearing on the problem, as you are on a Huawei Cab.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Sorry missed that bit in my frustration, although a nice walk to the cabinet briefly calmed me down in between three different agents telling me I was on a different package and should be happy with what I've got  Angry
It's an ECI (which has been replaced by a kind Openreach engineer just in case)
Anotherone
Champion

ECI's on Huawei Cabs are not a good combination in recent times because of the G.INP issues, if it's been activated on your Cab. Someone from CRT will need to check.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks for all the input Anotherone. Needless to say I have no idea what that actually means but I can only hope - however slim that chance might be - that somebody from PlusNet does and might even act upon it?