cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful what you order vs what you get :(

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Re: Be careful what you order vs what you get :(

I hope you're right but PlusNet have assured me that's the best speed I'll get on a 40/20 contract.
At first they suggested if I went the extra £7 odd a month to 'Extra' package the 80 might give me the actual 20 upload but when I was about to be put through to upgrade department I was then told it might not actually be any faster.
The original offer on the call was to upgrade and see and then downgrade if it didn't work.
BT Openreach have already been out though - 80/40 at the main socket - the same as at the cabinet (it's across the road!) I still think PlusNet have cut it back. The fact Ofcom made them change the advert is suspicious - as is the fact that my package disappeared a few days later - it's dropped to 2 as an upload with the 40 download.  Shocked  Shocked
After around 9 years with PlusNet this has been my only bad experience, which is why I've let it go this long, but 2 months now?? I'm sorry but it's been a disaster from start to finish. I wish I never lifted the phone to upgrade.
I've had the line linked to a wrong address so told it wasn't available even though I was across the road. Had to plead to get a tiny discount as a long term loyal customer vs the new customer offers. Forgot to upgrade my account so I got broadband download speeds although funnily enough the correct download speeds until somebody throttled it(?) Charged full price. BT out to find nothing and then Plusnet check and fix their 'build'... I could go on but it's been a really awful - in fact it's not been like PlusNet at all. How sad, maybe they're becoming BT  Cry  Cry
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
You've been told wrong.
Matty will get it sorted. As long as Openreach behave.

And here's my reply, and why I don't think Matty will sort anything -
"The reason you're on a 40/20 product is because we do not limit the upload on our customers. We purely restrict the download section. This is the reason you're technically on a 80/20 product with BT but the download will never reach over 40 Mbit/s. This has been done because of the original orders placed with our suppliers. If we was able to restrict the upload, we would. As the product you're on is a 40/2, not 40/20.
This is why we know there is nothing on our side that can restrict the upload because we don't have the facility to do so. The product you're on should be a 40/2 product but you're getting more out of us because of a technicality. If you want us to investigate the case further then the next step would be an engineer visit to check on why the throughput on the upload is lower than expected."
They can't even get my product right?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies for that response. That response is incorrect, and you should be on 40/20.
What's odd is that the throughput is not at the full 20mb, as your sync rates show a perfect 80/20. I will speak to the concerned agent when he's back in tomorrow.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

khaled35
Rising Star

Don't mean to hijack this thread but wish my upload could be better too:

I'm on 80/20 and given that I get a very decent download, I expected upload to be closer to 17/18
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Today's response?
"The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker."
Half speed fopr full price - is that it then?
sherritphs
Dabbler

Hi
When did you order the fibre broadband? As plusnet no longer do a 40/20 package as I also found out after i was connected despite my account section telling me I should receive around 18mb upload. but bt wholesale saying different and | am actually on a 2mb upload profile...
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

A couple of months ago now, although non stop hassle sure makes it seem longer. 40/20 was available at first, then there was an issue with ofcom and things changed - don't ask me why.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

I think Plusnet seem to be confused that there is no 80/10 product. There is only 80/20.
I'm thinking the poor upload speed may be down to congestion?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

OK, weeks ticking by since end of June installation... todays speed test (while BT Openreach was here) is now giving an upload of 7 vs my sold/advertised rate of 20!!
I've replied to my ticket with screenshot of enginners tester showing 80/20 at socket and that's another BT guy saying it's the Plusnet Build.
This needs to go to somebody more senior surely? How long am I supposed to pay for something I'm not getting?
So disappointed in PlusNet service level over this. I've been with them since 2008 but not for much longer at this rate.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

And the spped - wouldn't let me upload both together - said it was taking too long!!!!
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Sorry it did - just took a while?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Nothing here but more importantly 48 hours later and no reply to the ticket?Huh
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: stewarta13wsb
I've replied to my ticket with screenshot of enginners tester showing 80/20 at socket and that's another BT guy saying it's the Plusnet Build.

What router are you using? Is it the 2704n?
Can you try a PPPoE Dialler connection direct to the modem to eliminate the Router. If you are using Win8, I believe he settings are much the same. If you are using a Mac, you'll need to google, but it will be similar.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Is it just me or have Plusnet forgot to train the new employee's or are the new employee's on such bad contracts that selling is the only way to make a decent wage!
Seems a very bad practice for customers to be told a fault can be resolved by upgrading and paying more when it isn't... I'm also suspicious that maybe such a thing is being done to move people of the 40/20 service as it is costing Plusnet more than they wish to be paying (wholesale wise) to provide!  Undecided