Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful what you order vs what you get :(

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Be careful what you order vs what you get :(

Yep totally forgot about tap 3 it's been a busy day and i have a lot of stuff going on at the moment and my brain is mush,  Crazy
any way at least the OP has some answers he / she just needs the resolution. 
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

"3:40pm, Thursday 1 Oct 2015
Dear Mr Borland,
Thank you for your patience.
I've sent a request to another department to move you onto a different profile to try and resolve the issue with lower than expected upload throughput.
We'll retest the connection in 24-72 hours to make sure this is complete."
Seventeen days for a new profile?? And they wonder why there are complaints?? (Especially when the original ticket started back in JUNE)
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

So after almost 3 weeks to set up a new profile -
Thank you for your patience.
I called today but was only able to leave a message. I have checked with our Networks Team and agents in the Fault Department about your line issue. They have confirmed that the upload speeds are not determined with the profile on your line that my colleague requested to have changed.
As stated by Andrew on 1st October, the upload speeds on a line work on a "Best Effort". We have no way of guaranteeing them to perform at a rate.
I have checked your line today and all the profiles are correct for the package they are on.

So in effect Plusnet are saying they can advertise a package at 40/20 and give you 38/9 and that's all OK and fine?
And this of course completely ignores the screen shots of the BT engineer who got the full speed when PlusNet was taken out of the equation  Angry Angry Angry
End of story, but be careful what you buy vs what you get - things have changed at plusnet in the eleven years I've been with them... and it's not for the better!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: stewarta13wsb
And this of course completely ignores the screen shots of the BT engineer who got the full speed when PlusNet was taken out of the equation 

I would reiterate that on your ticket and attach that screen shot, and ask them what have they got to say to that?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks Anotherone. Only reason it's in both was that they started off as different types of posts and that's my last post in either so it was just to finish them off for anybody who read either - rather than you reading both  Grin
I have attached the screenshot again but told them just to close the ticket. You can't imagine how much time I've wasted on this since June - waiting in for 3 BT visits alone was hours, then the calls, the hanging on for 30 minutes for most of them, no, life's too short, I've had enough.
They've worn me down, I've given up.
Thanks for reading.
Anotherone
Champion

I understand what you are say, but there's a point of principal at stake, especially if your upstream sync speed is virtually full speed.
djtoastie
Grafter

Quote from: stewarta13wsb
Thanks Anotherone. Only reason it's in both was that they started off as different types of posts and that's my last post in either so it was just to finish them off for anybody who read either - rather than you reading both  Grin
I have attached the screenshot again but told them just to close the ticket. You can't imagine how much time I've wasted on this since June - waiting in for 3 BT visits alone was hours, then the calls, the hanging on for 30 minutes for most of them, no, life's too short, I've had enough.
They've worn me down, I've given up.
Thanks for reading.

Dont give up yet man! Take a few days off and recharge yourself. I am another disgruntled customer as to not getting what i thought i was getting. My thread went on for 6 pages or more i cant remember, numerous tickets. It was only when somone new looked at the problem, and some kind forum members joined in that the problem was solved.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Easier said than done. Remember this has gone on since June!!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just been reading through this thread and the ticket, and I'm confused about the talk of creating a new profile on our system for this. The profiles on our side prioritise or affect the download, not the upload so no matter what profile you're on with us the upload won't be affected as long as the underlying wholesale product is correct. Everything is set correctly, including the wholesale product.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

I think this suggests that the agent dealing with the fault maybe needs a weeny bit more training Wink
And of course the question remains, why is the Upload speed a problem?