Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding stuck after upgrading to Fibre Extra

FIXED
Highlighted
Grafter

Banding stuck after upgrading to Fibre Extra

I've been on Fibre with PN since 2013 when I originally got the higher speed Fibre package (I think the sync speed have changed since then). 18 months ago I took another fixed term out and stayed on the higher band. It's always been a marginal whether or not I should go on the higher speed but it was worth it for the upload speed. I have recently taken another 24 month period out and notice that my that I was now on the standard fibre package as opposed to fibre extra. I don't quite know how this has happened since I never downgraded but when I renewed on 8th May I asked to be put on Fibre Extra again. I was told it would switch over on 11th May and should see a speed increase I was getting before ie about 55/11. I didn't see any increase in sync so I rang on 17th. They told me I was on Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-8.5M Upstream and they would remove the banding on the line. 4 Days later I was still syncing at 47/7.2 so rang again. I found out I was still stuck on the same profile but they wanted to send an engineer out. I was reluctant to have this since I didn't think there was anything wrong this end and I would be charged if there was no fault found.

Why upgrade to fibre plus if they refuse to reset the banding  without sending out and engineer?

Surely just reset the band first then if that doesn't sort it out then I can look at options. My 14 days cooling off period runs out tomorrow and  I'm seriously thinking of cancelling and moving on since I don't want to be tied to a service for 24 months if they cant even remove the throttling. The irony is if I moved i would get it the banding reset without having to go though this.

Line SpeedsLine SpeedsGood old trusty EchoLife HG612Good old trusty EchoLife HG612

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,026

Re: Banding stuck after upgrading to Fibre Extra

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 900

Re: Banding stuck after upgrading to Fibre Extra

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @booji I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I'm afraid that we can only submit a DLM reset if your speed is banded and line tests pass. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing your sync speed 46.9mbps while the banding at 49mbps so your line still has 2.1mbps to sync higher before it's restricted.

In addition the tests are showing a fault we'd need to arrange an engineer to investigate further. I've attached a copy of our testing below if you're interested in taking a look. Smiley

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID [redacted]

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1625
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 46.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 8.5 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 663.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-8.5M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2020-05-09T12:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 47.1 Mbps 48.9 Mbps 48.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 7.2 Mbps 8.4 Mbps 7.9 Mbps
Up Time 398.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 898.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 3.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2020-05-22T10:33:41Z 2020-05-22T10:48:41Z
Ingress Code Violation 11 3
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team