Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding removed 6 months after line repair

mikeh
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Banding removed 6 months after line repair

I've been checking my line stats since Plusnet's email about the increasing upload speed upgrade. I wasn't expecting any increase beyond 1mb because of the line length limitations but I was hoping it would remove the banding which has been affecting my broadband since May when the very noisy line was repaired.It has been banded at 17997 Down and 797 up.

It has been quite stable of late and this morning I have seen the banding removed. I believe It is probably a DLM intervention and nothing to do with the Upload upgrade. There has been nothing showing on the checker site regarding an order in progress. Here are my stats, before and after.

1 REPLY
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 50

Re: Banding removed 6 months after line repair

I believe It is probably a DLM intervention and nothing to do with the Upload upgrade. There has been nothing showing on the checker site regarding an order in progress.

You  may not see the upgrade order on the checker site. I suspect it's only a 24hr turnaround on a regrade order so it's possible that the checker site will not update before the order actually completes.

AFAIK a regrade order will automatically reset the DLM so it may well be the cause of the banding reset. As you say , you are unlikely to see much (if any!) improvement from the upstream regrade.