cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banded Profile

Junkman
Grafter

Banded Profile

Changed my router a couple of weeks ago and it immediately became apparent that my profile has been banded at 29999kbps.  Checking router stats since tells me that the screenshot below is typical i.e. an attainable rate in excess of 39000kbps.

I have browsed similar previous posts but not found a solution.  Is there any way I can get this banding changed?  Plusnet were previously able to change my 'connection profile' remotely when I got stuck at around 16000kbps after a fault a few months ago, but it took a lot of to-ing and fro-ing before I got to someone who knew what had happened and how to sort it.

Expert ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

24/0824/08

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Banded Profile

Thanks for getting in touch @Junkman

I've tested your line and it appears that your line is indeed banded.

This has been sent off to our suppliers for them to reset and this should be done within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Junkman
Grafter

Thank you very much indeed for the quick response Matthew.  Will leave this open and update in due course.

Stuart

Junkman
Grafter

Good morning.  An update and a question.  The banding was lifted after about 24hrs and my connection rate has been constantly over 38Mbps in the 40 hours since then.  My IP Profile on BTW is 35.08.  But my download speed is remaining stubbornly stuck at 23/24Mbps.  Just ran a BTW test at 22.82Mbps.  Why is this? 

Thanks,

Stuart

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Junkman,

I've raised the connection profile on your account which should allow you to make the most of your speeds. Regarding the current throughput speeds you're receiving, is this being tested over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? If Wi-Fi, then I'd recommend connecting via Ethernet cable and if this doesn't show any improvement (or if you've done this already), then I'd recommend setting the router up within the test socket in the property. For reference, we have a guide on how to do this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Junkman
Grafter

Thanks TheMightyAJ.  Sorry, should have said that this test was carried out via ethernet and the master socket.  I just ran another BTW test.  Connection rate still 38.080Mbps, IP profile still 35.08Mbps, download speed only 23.63Mbps.  Now about 48 hours since the 29.999 banding was lifted.  So still not understanding this.  

Stuart

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Junkman,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. If it's still performing like that after trying the suggested steps then we're going to need to get an engineer out to see if they can find out what's causing the problem. I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this, which can be viewed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket then please let us know on here and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team