cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service

FIXED
maisieraeoshea

Bad service

Hello, I have had to wait a month to have my broadband installed due to a fault from Plusnet. It has now been installed and we're paying for unlimited fibre extra, but only receiving speeds of 1.8mbp. It's really frustrating as we need the WiFi to work. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Bad service

Fix

There's been a few instances of the auto setup not completing recently

Try this:

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it).

If that doesn’t work.

1. Contact Plusnet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maisieraeoshea

Re: Bad service

Thanks so much, it's up to 73mbp now! Have a nice day.