cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad gaming latency and twitch stream crashing

Therealjd118

Bad gaming latency and twitch stream crashing

Hi

I'm not very satisfied with the service I'm getting at the moment. I play a lot of online multiplayers and also stream almost everyday on twitch, I was with talk talk for about 3 years and never had any problems but I've been with you guys for a week now and have had nothing but issues. From games being pretty much unplayable to streams always crashing. I've tried everything I can think of to sort it but nothing has worked, if you could help resolve this problem I'd definitely appreciate it, if not then I will be looking at cancelling my contract. I will also supply some pictures to show that my download and upload speeds fluctuate quite a bit.
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Bad gaming latency and twitch stream crashing

Hi @Therealjd118,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems with your connection. I understand you've been discussing this with Anoush via Twitter.

Ideally we'd need you to test this on a wired connection to rule out wireless interference or similar causing this issue, which is unfortunately largely out of our control, as opposed to an actual problem with the connection itself.

Having said this, the download speeds on most of the photos provided don't seem too bad for the fibre package you're on. Was anything else (Like Twitch) using the connection when you were running these speed tests?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Therealjd118

Nothing was being used when I was running these speed tests, and like I said to the guy on Twitter I know the download speeds are mostly ok (even though they are dropping well below the average I was promised) its the upload speed that I'm more concerned about and as you can see they are pretty terrible at times. 890kbps isn't exactly brilliant is it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Therealjd118 your router is in sync at an upstream rate of 10mbps. As per our Twitter conversation, we'd ideally need you to try a wired connection as this will narrow down where the problem lies as there are so many environmental factors which can affect the wireless signal from your router to your devices.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet