cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience so far - no broadband, missing a refund and misinformation

topini

Bad experience so far - no broadband, missing a refund and misinformation

I've had nothing but issues since I signed up and still no fibre boradband.

I placed an order on the 5th Nov for installation on the 26th November for broadband and a new line, paying up front to reduce the cost however the account that was set up had an issue on their system and was reporting that it didn't recognise my phone number.

To cut a long story short, in order to avoid a massive wait time for Plusnet to sort out the account, a new one was set up and I paid up front again for a year's line rental and am still waiting for the refund on my first account. I was told that the new account and connection would be sorted out in a few days by the Sales person who created the new account and arranged for the old one to be closed down to get around their system issue that was preventing the order from being completed.

I've contacted Plusnet yesterday to find out that it may not be sorted out until the 18th December earliest.

Each time I called Plusnet it took between 29 to 40 minutes to get through and the first time it took me about 25 minutes to get through and the person I spoke to then immediately transferred me to another department and i was on hold for another 30+ minutes. When I raised the wait time with the online chat assistance I was told that it wasn't that bad and it would take 8 mins to get through. I found an estimated wait time for the phone on the Plusnet site the next time I called up, saying it would be about 10 mins but I waited 29 mins.

I didn't realise how difficult this would be to get sorted out. I thought I would have broadband ready to work from home with the lead-time on the order I place however I'm spending more time travelling to the office and also using my mobile data allowance to see me through.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Bad experience so far - no broadband, missing a refund and misinformation

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the Spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @topini and welcome to our forum!

I sincerely apologise for the issue in providing your services and for the delay in getting through to us.

After checking the orders, I'm afraid they are not committed. I have raised a ticket to our provisioning team to monitor the orders and provide updates as we receive them. You can monitor the progress of the order here.

With regards to your refund, it appears a member of our team has already addressed this situation. As the billing information is account specific, you can access the ticket that explains the refund here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
topini

Hi @Jubby,

Would you mind explaining what not committed means please? Does this mean that there might be a chance that I won't get broadband at all?

I've checked the updates around the refund and have been advised that I will receive a cheque in the post within 5 working days, rather than a refund onto the account that the money was taken from as advised when my first account was closed and the second one opened. The question which was raised on that issue has been closed so unable to reply to it and ask whether it could just be credited back to my bank account instead.

Thanks

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @topini

Thanks for getting back in touch.

for a bit of clarity for you, when we advise an order is committed this means that our suppliers have received the order, checked the details and can commit to an activation date. If there is an issue in processing the order then there may be a delay in it going into a committed state. Unfortunately this has happened in the case of your order. We have been advised by our supplier to allow them time to investigate and resolve this, It does not mean you wont get service at all.

I have checked regarding your refund and have seen an update regarding this, I have responded to you on a ticket on the account here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

topini

@Warwick 

I was advised:

"After checking the orders, I'm afraid they are not committed and we have been asked to check back for an update on the order after 07/12/2018. I have raised this ticket to our provisioning team to monitor the order and provide updates as we receive them."

So far no updates received and asked for one yesterday after hearing nothing since the thread question was opened with the provisioning team.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @topini,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm extremely sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had in contacting us, to chase up the progress of your order. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or delay you have seen.

I have looked into this for you and have an update here.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF