cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back with Plusnet on fibre plus

welshviking1
Dabbler

Back with Plusnet on fibre plus

Hi, After many years with Sky I have returned to Plusnet and I am on Fibre Plus. I was with Plusnet many years ago in the age of non-fibre but after being messed around by sky lately I have had enough. I am not 100% sure what speed I should be getting and if there is an easy way of checking it but this is what I am getting at the moment in my 1st hour back (see below). Any suggestions on speed or advice would be very much appreciated....Regards Colin

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

download 40.99

upload 6.21

ping 25.25

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Back with Plusnet on fibre plus

Welcome back.

I can see we estimated your speeds at between 35Mb and 47.5Mb. At the moment they are within the estimates for your line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@welshviking1

Welcome to the forums.

For future reference you can check your own estimates by using http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome?

And the BT Speedtest further diagnostics opinion will tell you the line's IP profile details.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
welshviking1
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Matthew, are the speeds likely to get any better (upload and download) or am I at the best I am likely to get....Cheers

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

They could potentially increase, as DLM (Dynamic Line Management) will monitor the line and try to make adjustments to give the highest speed while still remaining stable.

Having said this, it will largely be out of our control if/when this happens.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet