Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTwholesale ASDL checker need updating

FIXED
hal1970
Hooked

BTwholesale ASDL checker need updating

I would like to upgrade to Fibre , but I cant ,as BTwholesale checker needs updating. My address is listed as fibre is available but my Telephone number isn't . Openreach have put a new Cabinet across the road from me in December 2018 and I wasn't connected to it.

But Plusnet raised it as a fault and a Engineer connected my line to it last Wednesday. Before he left, he said he couldnt update the details of the line because it was ordered as a fault.

Could this be raised with Openreach so I can order Fibre.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: BTwholesale ASDL checker need updating

Hi @ hal1970,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that you're unable to upgrade to Fibre due to the information on https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/, I appreciate it's not ideal and you are wanting to get on to Fibre speeds as soon as possible.

As you have correctly stated, the website does not show any Fibre availability for your number or postcode. The process for updating the information relating to Fibre availability cannot be expedited and regrettably we are unable to do this for you.

BT Wholesale update their systems on a regular basis and any information relating to Fibre availability would be based upon not just the cabinet capabilities but also those of your local exchange. This is entirely outside our control. If you checked on your postcode there is no Fibre availability in your area, the cabinet appears to be hosting ADSL connections only.

I did run a test on your line to see whether the result would suggest otherwise, this does show you are on an ADSL connection and not Fibre. The test did however report an external phone fault on the line so I have escalated this to our suppliers Openreach, details can be found here.

I trust this answers your query, do come back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ hal1970,

Apologies for the omission, I've included the fault reference here.

Thanks - LF

hal1970
Hooked

Are you using the right Address, because if I check on my postcode and address it says I am connected to cabinet 7, and my neighbours have fibre?Huh

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ hal1970,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm basing your address information on your username details when you registered on this forum and the Fibre availability check was based on your landline number and then separately, your postcode. If you would like to ensure we have the correct information feel free to respond to the fault ticket raised earlier.

Thanks - LF

hal1970
Hooked

Hi,

Check new Ticket it will explain  Question #191920076

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've done some digging into this and I can see there are virtually no records relating to broadband availability for your telephone number on either the BT or Openreach database, so I've raised a records query(677967) with BT to investigate further. We should get an acknowledgement at some point today with the next steps.

As soon as we know more I'll let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hal1970
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf ,

Thanks for your help so far.

It looks like my routing has been updated, as I am now showing that I am connected to Cabinet 7 in BT wholesale ASDL checker.

Still no Fibre services available for my telephone number compared to my address details, so hopefully OR will be addressing this as well. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @hal1970

Looks like we're making (slow) progress, we'll see what happens next week

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hal1970
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf 

Adsl Checker was updated today, fibre services were addedSmiley

I have upgraded my broadband to Unlimited Fibre Extra and this due to complete before Aug 1st.

Again thanks for the help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hiya @hal1970

No problem that's really good to see, I'm glad we got there in the end. Thumbs_Up

Hopefully the order goes through smoothly. Looking at your speed estimates of 79mbps to 80mbps it should certainly be a massive step up from the standard broadband service you've got now. Cheesy

For visibility in the interest of helping anyone else who may be in a similar situation and come across this thread, it's the good people at the Openreach fibre enquiries team who arranged to get this fixed. As a customer you can fill out a formwize Here to raise a query and they'll get back via email which is extremely similar to the formwize we'd fill out.

Let me know how your fibre upgrade goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet