Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW speed test.

FIXED
Kossack2003
Grafter

Re: BTW speed test.

Thanks for looking @Gandalf you need recognition from Plusnet because your advice and help you give to everyone on this forum is second to none.
I will leave you alone now 🤣
Have a good evening.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the kind words @Kossack2003 no problem at all, I'm just happy to help wherever and whenever I can (Quite literally wherever too as I'm currently posting from home Cheesy)

Hope you have a good evening too!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kossack2003
Grafter

Hi it’s me again 😁
So the line has been rock solid but it won’t go past 39meg but the router is saying a max of 46meg and BTW test is still showing 37.9 profile.
Could you have a look if you have 5 minutes spare at some point.
Cheers
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello! I've checked your line and there isn't anything restricting your speeds with your router getting a sync speed of 39mbps as you've said and the IP profile the speed tester is correct as that should be about 96% of your sync speed.

I can't see or remember if we've suggested this yet, but if you've not already could you try plugging your router into the test socket which is found behind the faceplate of the master socket? There's some instructions Here. This should bypass the internal wiring of your property from potentially affecting your speeds.

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Had the Openreach team in our road today after a lot of dropouts. After fixing four faults in the street they told me to test with speedtest.net their preferred choice.

I am only on ADSL but nice 9Mbs is nothing to complain about considering the minimum fibre estimate is only 7.1 !

manu

I am also getting basic info on the diagnostics test results today - was fine last few weeks Sad

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @manu.

Are you still having issues today with the speedtest?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team