Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW IP Profile download speed again.

dickelliott
Grafter
Fixes: 1

BTW IP Profile download speed again.

Once again my BTW ip profile line speed has dropped. Can anyone at plusnet tell me why this is happening?Huh

It used to be 63Mbps. For 4 years no problem at all. Then i changed my phone line to Pn took out pn tv and renewed my BB contract for another 2 years.

From then on my bt line speed has been slowly dropping from 63Mbps. It just gone down again. Now it's 55Mbps.

I have asked this question before but never got a straight answer. Getting really fed up now as no one at PN can or will answer this for me. So can anyone on the forum here come up with an answer for me please

4 REPLIES 4
dickelliott
Grafter

Re: BTW IP Profile download speed again.

OK just done a re boot of the router and btw line speed up to 59 Mbps.

What is it with the hub1 router that you keep having to re boot the thing every few days to keep you speed up.

Does anyone know of another  router that will work with plusnet and youview tv out of the box because the hub 1 router is [-Censored-]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed.

run187
Dabbler

Friend said he had the same problem with the hub i bought off ebay (was not paying plusnet 120 odd ty)

TP-LINK TD-W9980 works well only costs 60 pound as well ..

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The speed will change based on the DLM equipments monitoring of the line. It will move up or down depending on whether the line is stable or not and make changes accordingly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dickelliott
Grafter

My line was stable for 4 years with no problem at all. Problems only started after installing hub 1 router. Looking at other posts on here it would seem that the hub1 has an inherant fault. I guess i'll just have to spend a small fortune on a decent router to be able to get my stable speeds back up again. By the way, my old Netgear router doesn't support iptv so i can't use that