cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT infinity is a available in my street (cabinet) does this mean Plusnet fibre should be available?

trebor
Hooked

BT infinity is a available in my street (cabinet) does this mean Plusnet fibre should be available?

Other houses running off the same cabinet as me have BT infinity yet the Plusnet checker and sales say it's not available to me. Is this correct? 

5 REPLIES 5
trebor
Hooked

Re: BT infinity is a available in my street (cabinet) does this mean Plusnet fibre should be availab

I also meant to add that that BT and others are offering me fibre from their sales sites.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: BT infinity is a available in my street (cabinet) does this mean Plusnet fibre should be availab

If FTTC is available for BT Retail customers it would/should be available for us to order to.

Unfortunately checking your line at http://dslchecker.bt.com indicates you may be on an exchange only line. Meaning you're not actually connected to a cabinet and wouldn't be able to get Fibrbe To The Cabinet. Sad

When you say it offers you fibre when going through the BT signup journey, did you enter your telephone number? Or just the address?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
trebor
Hooked

Just checked entered the post code.

trebor
Hooked

When I moved here in 2001 I had a shared line with a neighbour and went from 33kps to a poor 9.6kps. BT at that time refused to do anything as 9.6kbs was all the would guarantee on a standard phone line. When broadband became available Plusnet/Force9 had to get BT to do a line test. They, BT, sent engineer who said no point in testing as it is. He said can I disconnect you for a while to reroute the line and make it acceptable for broadband. Yes please i said. He went out did some work at the pole outside my house, the cabinet and the exchange. When he returned he said your line is now broadband ready,

Maybe this is why my line is not fibre compatible!  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If, as part of that work, he connection you to an exchange only line that doesn't come through a cabinet, that could very well be the case Undecided

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet