cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT & Fibre

ChrisLJ

BT & Fibre

Maybe someone can help me on here as BT are useless(I am with plusnet myself). Originally we were told Oct 2014, then Dec 14 and now its March 15 for going live with fibre, not only that the status on the exchange (which BT have been working on for the best part of 6 months including road works) has changed from 'Coming Soon' to 'Exploring Solutions'. Its an absolute joke that they can do this and do it consistently.
Thanks in advance if there is anyone on here who's been suffering the same kind of issues as it will be interesting to see how it panned out.
2 REPLIES 2
JHewess
Grafter

Re: BT & Fibre

Is it the exchange or your cabinet that theyre “exploring“? Their where and when website now gives cabinet info (unless your postcode is served by more than one, then it starts to get a bit more hazy). I'm assuming cabinet. Have u checked roadworks.org, or any local authority schemes that might be able to provide more info?
I've been lucky as my csbinet was initially 'not economically viable' but has since fallen under my council's scheme. They've been very helpful with info and even providing rollout tables for each area. If your cabinet falls under the government subsidised scheme too, perhaps yours could help a bit?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: BT & Fibre

In BT's defence, they can come across unexpected problems when installing the fibre cables between the exchange & the cabs. When my village was "fibred" 2 years ago, several sections of the underground ducting had collapsed, resulting in major road works, including closures, in order to replace the broken ducting prior to blowing the fibre optic cable.