Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test no longer work

tiffy
Rising Star

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test no longer work

@Gandalf

The BTw Performance Tester (further diagnostics) has recently & to date been working every time, better that ever I have previously experienced, was always very hit & miss for as far back as I can remember.
I currently use Pale Moon Browser for testing as the incorrect speed reporting issues still exist with Firefox.

Yes, there is a delay in obtaining the BRAS IP profiles from the BTw server, in my experience this has always been the case, the delay is usually a positive indication that the system is going to work, test failures are displayed very quickly.
The delay is and always has been greater when using "mouselike.org" BRAS tester.

Thanks to Gandalf for his perseverance with this issue and achieving what currently appears to be a positive outcome.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf BTw need to testing firefox as it always incorrect speed. All other's browser is no problem. Anyway the BTw speed test with bras ip profile does work now after a pause 30 second of fetching from the BT system rather than a quick and fail it often. It's appear to be fixed now. The only last one to get it fixed is the firefox incorrect speed.

tiffy
Rising Star

@goldenfibre / adslmax

The BTw Broadband Performance Test operation should not bother you too much now with your new VM line, unless of course you intend to keep your PN /BTw line as well !

The Mozilla / Firefox / BTw Performance Tester issue is an old one and has been well documented in many posts on most of the relevant forums, certainly beyond PN's control I would have thought and already well known to BTw / OR, just use another browser for performance testing, plenty available and all free.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yep this is correct @tiffy my fibre and line only are placed for to cease (cancelled) by 19th December. Because I am now with Virgin Media cable broadband stand alone for £27 a month for 12 months with a speed of 221Meg down and 12Meg up. So, don't need plusnet and virgin media billing at the same time.

I would like to say thanks to PN and @Gandalf for the service to me for a long while since 2014. Time to move on with cable broadband.

But one day who know I could be back with PN if FTTP or G.Fast become availability in my area but I think it won't happen for a long while yet.

Cheers Smiley

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf any news from BT as this is still not working correctly , even with MS Edge

edge.JPG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I've just got the same error as @rongtw did whilst using MS Edge, it worked fine using Pale Moon x64 though Crazy3

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Browni still not 100% with Firefox 57 Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you all over here.

We're still looking at this with BTW. I'll post back when we've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Thanks but I think it time for BTW to updated new speedtester as this is now outdated and many sites are now no longer with flash player. Need to push BTW to bring in html5