Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test no longer work

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test no longer work

@Gandalf - it worked for me today after trying twice using Edge but the IP profile is stale - it still shows 2Mbps upload. I was only upgraded yesterday, so maybe it takes a few days for the profile to be updated in the database? At least it's reading something now, so things are improving.

tiffy
Rising Star

Further update:

Had another DLM re-synch this morning, that's 2 days after previous and 7 days since US speed upgrade.
DLM has now practically returned my line back to it's pre upgrade, DS parameter / performance state as was expected.

Unfortunately, BTw Performance Tester, BRAS checker would not work this morning again, 3 failed attempts, however, the mouselike.org checker did manage to get my new IP BRAS profiles on first attempt.
The BTw checker has always been hit and miss at best !

Moral of the saga is, leave the system alone, don't annoy DLM by frequent forced re-synch's and line US parameters / speed should return to pre-upgrade performance given time.

@bobminors

Yes, I think the BT "RAMBO" system does take time to update profiles, should do this eventually, keep checking, assuming that the BRAS IP profile display system works !

There is a school of thought that dropping your PPP session for about 10 min's will force a BRAS IP profile update, has worked for me previously, this avoids upsetting DLM as line synch is not lost, some routers/modems offer this facility, not sure if the PN Hub One does ?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Updated: I just DLM resync this morning. Checking BTW for bras ip profile, working straight away as I can see it has increase ip profile on my line.

Before:
Code: [Select]

IP Profile for your line is - 68.57 Mbps

After:
Code: [Select]

IP Profile for your line is - 71.55 Mbps

So, it appear that BTw further diagnostics does work now. I going to marked it as FIXED now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the updates.

Even though this is marked as fixed, I'll continue to post back as and when we receive updates from BTW.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@tiffy wrote:
There is a school of thought that dropping your PPP session for about 10 min's will force a BRAS IP profile update, has worked for me previously, this avoids upsetting DLM as line synch is not lost, some routers/modems offer this facility, not sure if the PN Hub One does ?

No, I don't think it does, or at least I haven't found it. But as the line is synching at 9.999 up and delivering about 9.7, I'm inclined to let sleeping dogs lie and let the profile catch up when it feels like it. Mouselike has just returned 2.0 as well, so the database access is definitely working. The data inside it is stale, but that's not really a problem.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The further diagnostics hasn't worked for me for many months....the speeds in the first part of the test and latency figures being very pessimistic.

I successfully ran the second part (diagnostics) today but the numbers were roughly half the speeds I get with other speed testers so still broken for me.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tiffy
Rising Star

@bobminors

Very wise decision, your line is pretty near perfect and your US profile is obviously 10 Mbps now, you have also had no impact on your US parameters or speed, very clean migration, BT systems will catch up eventually.

Too many people out there re-synching too often for no real reason and then complaining bitterly to their ISP's when DLM imposes interleaving or worst still banding which can be very difficult to remove.

Thankfully, dropping / restoring PPP session has far less impact than a line re-synch and can be effective for some issues.

tiffy
Rising Star

@Strat

I presume you are aware of the known issues regarding incorrect speed reporting on BTw Performance Tester associated with some browsers, in particular Firefox, see other threads.

I gave up using Firefox for this application, Pale Moon currently works for me.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

As for firefox, it was told to ask BTw to use firefox as html instead of flash. Don't think BTw willing to do this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Strat I've passed your circuit ID over to BTW now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Spoken too soon. I have now marked it not fixed as BTw speed test not working again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Browni Mind retesting for me? It should be working for you now.

@goldenfibre Flagging up again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Gandalf Very odd. https://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=BrasChecker&landlinenumber= does work for bras ip profile but BTw speedest isn't.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Cheesy

A second run worked, Cheers @Gandalf

btwpass.png